Recrutement de 01 HEAD OF PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND QUALITY
PLAN INTERNATIONAL BURKINA FASO
Details de l'offre d'emplois
Description detaillée de l'offre d'emplois
Poste à pourvoir HEAD OF PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND QUALITY
Nombre de poste 01
Lieu d'affectation Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Structure recruteur PLAN INTERNATIONAL BURKINA FASO
Structure Bénéficiaire PLAN INTERNATIONAL BURKINA FASO
Secteur activité Activités de santé et d’action sociale
Diplôme ou niveau Master II
Option du diplôme in Development Studies, Management, Social Sciences
Expériences 08 years
Capacités liées à l'emploi
PLAN INTERNATIONAL BURKINA THE NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGO) IS RECRUITING
Established in Burkina Faso in 1976, Plan International works to advance children's rights and equality for girls, especially those who are excluded or marginalized through the implementation of development programs and projects that offer lasting benefits in collaboration with the communities in which these children live.
The new country strategy aims at reaching out 6 000 000 children through advocacy and influencing actions with authorities and strategic partners. It has a country annual budget of over 16 million Euros, a team of 100 full-time staff, a caseload of about 41,300 enrolled children and a large grants portfolio from bilateral and multilateral donors.
In this context, Plan International Burkina Faso is looking for highly qualified candidates for the following position:
HEAD OF PROGRAMM IMPLEMENTATION AND QUALITY
Opening date: August 31st 2023
Closing date: September 30th 2023
Workplace: Country Office
Supervisor : Country Director
Fixed term 1-year renewable
This is a local Position based in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• Directly supervises Program Influence & Impact areas Managers (PIIAMs) and project managers.
• Has a delegated authority for expenditure up to 200 000 €
• Is Member of the Country Leadership (CLT)
• Works closely with Head of Programming Development & Influencing,Emergency response Manager and Grants and Business Development Manager
• Participates in regional and global forums, networks, consultative sessions
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Ensure Program Influence and Quality Procedures ( PIQP ) are integrated in all program and project cylces
• Train and give orientation to all staff involved in project Management on the Project Manament Manual
• Support proposal development process
• Organise start up of new funded projects: support to project teams recruitement process, start up workshop with all stakeholders involved, development of Detailed implementation plans, etc
• Lead the selection process of implementing partners
• Monitor the overall implementation of the project with the project teams throughout the project lifetime to ensure timely and quality project implementation
• Monitor the achievement of the project management KPIs: progress against planned
• Provide inputs for the quarterly reporting process
• Ensure Program and Project managers provide quality and timely reports to NOs/Donors
• Ensure the critical stages of program and project start up and close up is well managed
• Monitor the implementation of all actions and recommendations following GA Audits and risk management
• Monitor and provide updates to the CLT on the Management Standards implementation
• Support the progam and project annual review process
• Support the development of the Country Strategy
Support the Program Influence & Impact area Managers for a good coordination and management of Plan International overall oprations in the program area :
• Provide support to PIIAMs to enable them play their role properly
• Hold regular meetings with PIIAMs to discuss operational issues and give them the required support
• Ensure issues raised through the weekly PIIA team meetings are properly dealt with
• Facilitate network between PIIAs for experience sharing and lessons learnt purpose
• Conduct Field visits on a regular basis to support PIIA Teams and follow up program and project implementation
• Ensure the Program Implemenation departement team objectives are well set and their performances well monitored using Plan’s performance management system.
• Discuss the personal development and carrior aspiration needs with the team and support them in achieving these objectives
• Ensure all team members complete mandatory training on the Plan Global Policies:Gender and Inclusion, Children and Youth Safeguarding, BSAFE, Money landering, Sexual harassment and bullying, ….
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
• The Head of Programme Implementation oversees a large team. Excellent team management and leadership skills are then crucial for the job holder to succeed in this role.
• Plan International Burkina’s programme portfolio is steadily growing. The right staffing, skill set and delivery mechanisms will need to be in place to ensure timely and effective portfolio management that meets the requirements of all stakeholders.
• Overseeing program implementation in a complex environment will require the Head of Programme Implementation to be a strong leader, critical thinker, team player and sound decision maker.
• The person may be appointed as acting CD and represent Plan International Burkina Faso in key internal and external fora, and therefore should have strong representation skills.
Experience and qualifications
- University degree (Master level II) with background in Development Studies, Management, Social Sciences or related area
- At least 8 years experience in related managerial position with solid supervisory and support skills
- Understanding of country’s development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Demonstrated experience as a development professional in planning, monitoring, and evaluating programs
- Networking experience with development organizations in the country and at the international level
- Proven experience in a similar managerial level position in a reputable international organization
- Understands Plan’s work, and implements processes and practices that support achievement of organisational objectives
- Sound understanding of field realities
- Speaks, reads and writes English fluently.
Striving for high performance:
• Achieves clarity and accountability among whole team of their individual and collective objectives;
• Organises work clearly and effectively within the team;
• Deals with poor performers by either improving their contribution or managing their exit, if appropriate.
Strategic thinking and innovation:
• Creates strong strategic direction for own part of organisation in wider Plan context;
• Major contributor to direction in the management team of which they are a member;
• Flexible in responding to new demands presented in emergency situations.
Decision making and risk management:
• Can address complex problems in a balanced way;
• Good judgment in decision-making, making best use of available information;
• Willing to make difficult or unpopular decisions and stand by them.
Influence and communication:
• Uses the potential of varied cultures to reach solutions;
• Excellent listener who understands and shows sensitivity to the views of others;
• Forms good relationships quickly with wide range of people, including those in positions of power and who have different views/ interests;
• Represents Plan effectively with senior people in external stakeholder organisations;
• Understands external and internal politics and able to navigate these;
• Communicates with clarity and passion both 1-1 and with large groups;
• Effective negotiator in complex situations;
• Assertive without being aggressive.
Building effective teams and partnerships:
• Creates a highly motivated team with a unified purpose;
• Modifies own view to get best outcome for organisation;
• Contributes effectively to work of other functions/ units and to management team as a whole
• Able to build partnerships and improve relationships;
• Resolves conflict effectively in own team or across boundaries.
• Continuously uses both 1-1 and team situations to develop others;
• Organises work to give others development opportunities;
• Adapts style to suit the needs of a wide variety of people;
• Deals effectively with mistakes and re-motivates those involved.
Self-awareness and resilience:
• Aware of own strengths, weaknesses and pro-active in using feedback and self-development
• Aware of impact on others and uses impact to create positive climate at work
• Aware of own emotional reactions and able to manage them
• Manages own workload effectively and manages stress without harm to self or others
• Positive about change and able to cope well with ambiguity and support others in doing so
Experience working with children and communities and managing child-related programs and projects.
Connaissance en informatique
Women’s applications are highly encouraged.
Date limite de depôt des dossiers 30/09/2023
Procedure de recrutement NP
Durée du contrat CDD